Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Festival!

We had a great time at the festival on Saturday!  Of course I came home with some goodies!
I got:
~4 oz. of an alpaca/silk blend fiber (70% alpaca, 30% silk) I spun this up already!  I LOVE it!  It was just lovely!  I got 226 yards of fingering weight (2 ply)
~2 oz. of a multi colored purple fiber  Love this too!  It's also almost done being spun...I tried to spin really thin since I only had 2 oz.  So I'm almost done with that and then it will be ready to ply.
~2 magnet chart keepers I really needed these since I'm always using my mom's!
~and last but not least a package of Knit Picks interchangeable cables (24")  I needed some new cables since I always have a lot of projects going at once.

I was very happy with all of my purchases!  =)  I'll try to post some pictures and links to the shops soon!

The festival itself was wonderful!  We went last year too, so this was our second year attending.  It has a total of about four barns.  The first one has all the sheep and goats being shown; the second, the show arena; and the last two, venders!  I prefer the last two!  I like the sheep and animals too, of course, but the stuff for sale is my favorite!  hehehe

Well, I'm going to get going!  I think we'll go watch a movie and I'll either draw or spin! =)

Have a blessed night!

In Him,
Eloise




2 comments:

  1. Hello Eloise,

    Welcome to blogland! I can not wait to see some pictures of you spinning projects, and maybe your some of your bunnies (hint, hint,)! Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the Fiber Fest!

    blessings,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! Thank you for the welcome! I have to try to take more pictures and get them up! We did have a wonderful time! Have a blessed day!

    In Him,
    Eloise

    ReplyDelete